Okay, So. We’ve decided on a schedule for this round. The way it works is that we’re going to read a book a month starting. . .now. The goal is to finish the book by the 20th of each month. So as you’re reading the book you can send us emails (or talk to us however you want to) and we’ll sort of compile all of that into our discussion. The podcast will be released in the week after it. We’re giving ourselves a little bit of leeway just in case one of us is hit by a terrible day at work. But it’ll definitely be released within the week between the 20th and the 27th. (at which point we’ll already be starting on reading the next book).
So here we go.
It goes Title – Author (Final day for submitting comments cause that’s when we’re recording)
1. Lirael – Garth Nix (March 20th)
2. Westing Game – Ellen Raskin (April 20th)
3. New Moon’s Arms – Nalo Hopkinson (May 20th)
4. Tombs of Atuan – Ursula K. Leguin (June 20th)
5. City of Golden Shadow – Tad Williams (July 20th)
Back To School Special – Redemption In Indigo – Karen Lord (August 20th)
6. Akata Witch – Nnedi Okorafor (September 20th)
7. Ship Breaker – Paolo Bacigalupi (October 20th)
8. The Bromeliad Triology – Terry Pratchett (November 20th)
9. The Wave – Walter Mosley (December 20th)
10. Last Wish – Andrzej Sapkowski (January 20th)
Fantastico Season Finale – The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms – N.K. Jemisin (February 20th)
We included the local Charlotte library links (because I figure most of the listeners are going to be in Charlotte. Except for the only confirmed listener, which is in California and I don’t know what Library they’re using) for all the books except for Redemption in Indigo, which our library doesn’t have. I included the link to the publisher’s site for the book.
Hooray for details! This should be fun.